Traditional singer and educator, Aileen Lambert, has drawn on her many years of experience delivering workshops to children to compile this wonderful resource for young singers, families and teachers alike, with charming illustrations by Liza Kavanagh. Stories of Pol and Nancy’s two pet pigs, a wedding between a frog and a mouse and Paddy’s adventures in the belly of a whale are all included in this well-chosen collection of fourteen traditional Irish songs in the English language. Well known songs such as I’ll Tell me Ma and The Rattlin’ Bog are included alongside many lesser known songs from the Irish traditional repertoire which have proven to engage and entertain children of all ages.
The songbook features:
- Lyrics to fourteen traditional Irish songs in the English language
- Fourteen beautiful colour illustrations
- Linked YouTube playlist featuring songs
- Fun facts and background to the songs
- Suggested activities relating to the songs
- Curriculum links for primary school teachers
- Activities pages including crossword, wordsearches, music notation and more.
“I’ve been listening to and learning folk songs all my life – they have been my inspiration. With this great little publication Aileen is bringing these old songs to new ears and voices” – Christy Moore
“When we had extended family gatherings all of us children loved to get my father to sing The Frog and the Mouse. I’m delighted that a whole new generation of children will get to hear and learn this song along with many other songs that are part of this beautiful collection”– Martin Hayes